Monday, May 24, 2010

Hello!

I thought Hello might be an appropriate greeting for a new blog. At least, in my head it is. After the traditional greeting is the required introduction, so let me introduce myself. I am Melissa, owner extraordinaire of the quirky and fabulous Treasure Bay Fabrics.


I have loved fabric since I was a wee little orange haired pumpkin. I can recall both my Mom and my Grandma Pearl making clothing and crafts. I thank them for giving me that gift of hand making things for the people you love. Once I got a little older, I started making clothing out of necessity. I found an old cast iron Singer sewing machine somewhere (perhaps a garage sale?) and started making my own clothes. One of my proudest accomplishments was a jacket/blazer that I made out of an ivory floral upholstery fabric. I loved that thing! I also adore all things crafty and one of my first and longest held jobs was at LeeWards (which is now Michaels). I had the opportunity there to try out every department. Cross Stitch to Custom Framing. Knitting and Crochet to flower arranging. I loved them all!

Currently, I am a stay at home Mom of my own little flame haired pumpkins - one boy, one girl. My passion for Matilda Jane Clothing and finding the fabrics that matched created what I saw as a need within my group of friends - a single location to find those rare, out of print and hard to find fabrics we quested after. Voila! Treasure Bay Fabrics on etsy was launched in April 2009. I have since added more fabrics to my product array as well as trims, patterns and books. Looking forward to the future of Treasure Bay Fabrics, I am inspired to continue to carry the out of print lovely cottons my store started with, but I also aspire to also carry a broader spectrum of bright, modern and eclectic designer prints by manufacturers such as Michael Miller, Alexander Henry, Robert Kaufman, Timeless Treasures, Andover and Japanese Imports.

Since this is such a small operation, I try to be highly attuned to my customers. I love your feedback and requests and will do just about anything to help you in your crafting adventures!

- Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! Just wanted to tell you I love the new look and really enjoy your blog! Thanks for sharing some great info!

    ReplyDelete

Comments